As we know, the pandemic is having unequal impacts across the hospitality workforce. From General Managers who have picked up front desk shifts or night audit rounds and front line staff on furlough, there are a multitude of factors impacting the well-being of everyone involved in our industry. We addressed those issues within this sustainability panel.
- What measures could be taken to restock on energy during hardship?
- How can human connections be fostered between frontline, remote and furloughed staff?
- How can businesses support each other?
- What is and has been your personal emotional journey through the last months?
Explores the views, strategies and tactics of fellow industry professionals, consultants and academic experts. Again, a special thank you to: Marloes Knippenberg, Madhu Rajesh, Catherine Dolton, Ioannis S. Pantelidis PhD, FIH, SFHEA, Johanna Wagner, Xenia zu Hohenlohe, Peter Varga, Nancy Loman Scanlon PhD MA CHE, Kathy Sue McGuire, ISSP-SA.
Access the experts’ recommendations:
Running out of energy: An underestimated threat to a “people’s business”?
I would also like to draw your attention to two interesting pieces of information:
- Fellow expert panelist and Founder of Travel without Plastic, Jo Hendrickx recently pointed out to a FREE e-learning platform hosted by Greener Guest for the hospitality sector. This is probably of interest to many industry colleagues or students as well such as “How to reduce plastic and keep guests safe” – take a look at https://greenerguest.com/free-course-twp-invite
- Also, I would like to point out to the webinar hosted by EuroCHRIE on Wild World – Wild Places: Why biodiversity matters for tourism & hospitality sectors – I talked about biodiversity and hospitality with our expert panelist Dr. Frauke Fischer, watch it here