Editor in Chief: Professor Dimitrios Buhalis
2022, Edward Elgar Publishing Limited
Call for Entries
Call for Encyclopedia Entries: Submit your 200 words proposal for an entry on https://eep.manuscriptmanager.net/ by 30 September 2020.
We are delighted to welcome you as a contributor to the Encyclopedia of Tourism Management and Marketing. Edited by Professor Dimitrios Buhalis, this will be a comprehensive Encyclopedia that will cover all aspects of Tourism Management and Marketing. It will serve as a defining reference work in the field for years to come. These guidelines will serve as a useful reference point as you come to prepare your entry, and please do follow them closely.
Scope of the Encyclopedia:
The Encyclopedia of Tourism Marketing and Management will define the field over the coming years as a key reference. The Encyclopedia will consist of between 150 and 200 alphabetically-ordered entries, covering cutting-edge topics. The Encyclopedia will be published in print, as an eBook on all of the major eBook aggregators, and will also be made available on Elgaronline, the content management platform. Our Encyclopedia program is naturally at home in such an online setting, which allows for sophisticated search functionality as well as direct linking to references and sources through XML coding. As a result of a high-profile presence, Elgaronline ensures our books enjoy significantly enhanced dissemination, readership, usage and impact.
The Encyclopedia of Tourism Management and Marketing will be edited and overseen by Professor Dimitrios Buhalis at the University of Bournemouth.
To contact Professor Buhalis email email@example.com
Each of the entries in the Encyclopedia should be submitted through the Manuscript Manager submission system. A dedicated page for the project can be accessed here.
Call for papers, Instructions, Format and Style Guide:
The Publisher includes a comprehensive style guide on their Author Hub, which can be accessed here. Each of the entries in the Encyclopedia should consist of:
- 1500 words of text that present an overview of the subject in a cohesive and logical manner.
- The level of writing in the entries should be targeted at academics and postgraduate students, undergraduate students, policymakers and practitioners.
- The entry should include a maximum of eight (8) references, of which a maximum of three (3) should be from the author
- All text, tables and figures need to be in word file. High resolution figures should be provided separately.
- The text should be original, not published before and should have a very low similarity score on Turnitin.
- Maximum of two authors per entry
- When submitting your entry, please also include your name, affiliation, contact details, and email address. These should be presented as you would like them to appear in the final Encyclopedia.
- The entry’s title should immediately be followed by the text. We do not require the entries to use a table of contents.
- Please include a list of six keywords. These will be incorporated into the electronic presentation of the Encyclopedia on Elgaronline, and will assist with wider search functionality and discoverability.
- Footnotes should not be used in the entries. A list of references should instead be collected and placed as a bibliography at the end of the entry.
- You should include no more than one figure or table in your entry. Please closely follow the Publisher’s guidelines, which are available under the “Figures and Photographs” and “Tables and Boxes” tabs on the Author Hub.
- When uploading your entry to Manuscript Manager please upload it as a Microsoft Word file (.doc or .docx). This will help to significantly expedite the copy-editing process. Please name the file with the name of the first Author and the term. (e.g. Buhalis_eTourism).
- Chapters that contain special characters (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, Greek, etc.) should be submitted as both PDF and Word files. Please check the PDF carefully, before submission, to ensure the special characters are displayed as intended. In the event of uncertainty regarding how any characters are to be displayed in the Word file, the copy editor and/or typesetter will use the PDF as a reference point.
- You should upload your 200-word proposal by 30 September 2020.
- Please name this file with the name of the first Author, the term, and “Proposal” e.g. Buhalis_eTourism_Proposal.
- If approved you will be invited to upload your entry by 31 December 2020.
- The Review process will be between 1 January 2021-15 November 2021.
- The final manuscript will be delivered to the Publisher by 31 December 2021.
The Publisher agrees to grant a free electronic copy of the Work to each of the contributing authors.
Before uploading your entry please ensure that you have read and acknowledged the Publisher’s Copyright Policy, which can be found here. We expect all of the entries in the Encyclopedia to be original works, and do not encourage the inclusion of copyrighted material. As a contributor it is your responsibility to clear any necessary copyright permissions for your chapter, and the Publisher will not be able to cover the cost of any permission fees that may arise. Please submit as supplementary material your article through Turnitin, iThenticate, Crosscheck or any similar software to check the similarity between your study and previous studies. Minimize similarity percentage below 1% from any previous study and less than 10% overall.
The Next Steps:
Once all of the entries in the Encyclopedia have been submitted and reviewed, the Publisher’s editorial process will begin.
More information about this process can be found on the Author Hub.
We envisage that it will take around eight months from the finalization of the manuscript to the publication of the finished Encyclopedia.
Once the Encyclopedia is published, the Publisher will arrange for an electronic copy of the book to be provided for you. You will be entitled to purchase additional copies of the book (and all of the other titles on our list) at a discount of 50 per cent. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org (North and South America) or email@example.com (rest of the world) for details on how to take advantage of this offer.
For any questions about the submission and publication processes, please contact the Publisher (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Editor (email@example.com).