The Editors of JHTR (Published by SAGE) Peter Kim, Li Miao, & Jean-Pierre van der Rest are pleased to present the updated Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research (JHTR) submission guidelines.
Revision of the submission guidelines has been a collaborative effort among the editors, associate editors, editorial board members, our SAGE representative, the publisher’s production team, as well as the JHTR editorial office.
The main objectives of this revision are to create a more author-friendly and seamless submission experience, streamline the post-acceptance process, and increase the discoverability of the research published in JHTR. Below are some highlights of the updated submission guidelines:
- JHTR now differentiates formatting requirements for new submissions and revised submissions.
- Flexible and author-friendly formatting (“Your paper your way”) will be applied to new submissions to create a more seamless submission experience for authors. For details, please visit: JHTR 2021 New Submission Guidelines
- JHTR no longer requires null hypotheses
- Formatting requirements for revision submissions are streamlined to facilitate a speedier post-acceptance production process. For details, please visit: JHTR 2021 Revision Submission Guidelines
- The word limit for the article length was adjusted (up to 9,000 words for initial full-length article submissions; 10,000 words after revisions)
- Inclusion of a Highlights section in revised submissions to increase the potential discoverability of the research if published
- JHTR receives more than 1,000 new submissions each year. It is our hope that the updated submission guidelines will encourage even more authors to consider JHTR as the preferred outlet for their work. We look forward to your fine contribution and please also help us disseminate the updates among your professional networks.
For details about JHTR, please visit: Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research: SAGE Journals (sagepub.com)
To sign up and get email alerts about the latest research published in JHTR, please visit: Stay Connected: Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research: SAGE Journals (sagepub.com)