Download Full Job Spec (*.pdf)
Assistant Lecturer in Tourism Economics and Policy
The post will be offered on a permanent wholetime and pensionable basis, subject to the terms of the provisions of the Technological Universities Act 2018.
- Academic delivery of modules.
- Carry out assessment, monitoring and evaluation of portfolio work, student presentations, design projects, examinations work, and provide academic and consultative support to students in their learning activities.
- Provide academic input on existing and new programmes and in programme development.
- Actively engage in research and appropriate scholarly activities.
- Liaise with Professional Bodies and Stakeholders.
- Participate in committees appropriate to courses and meeting convened by Management.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of academic quality assurance arrangements.
- Contribute to future growth and development of the School of Hospitality Management and Tourism and the University.
The successful candidate will initially be based in TU Dublin, Cathal Brugha Street pending the transfer of activities to TU Dublin, Grangegorman.
For further information please see www.dit.ie/grangegorman
The Assistant Lecturer Salary Scale is:
- €43,105 – €53,451
- €38,900 – €53,451 (New Entrants)
Appointments will be made at the appropriate point on the appropriate scale. Salary may be adjusted from time-to-time in line with Government pay policy. Incremental credit may apply in line with University policy.
Hours of work
This is a wholetime post. In addition to teaching hours (up to 18 hours per week), attendance is required from Monday to Friday during the general working hours of the School and College.