Thank you to those of you who made the trip to Washington D.C. to join us 3-6 August 2022 for the ICHRIE 75th Anniversary Conference at the Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown Hotel.
Last week, the ICHRIE family celebrated 75 years of International CHRIE in Washington D.C. In the coming days and weeks, we’ll be sharing some of the highlights of the week’s events, the incredible people who make ICHRIE special and the sponsors who made our time together possible. We have a bright future in hospitality and tourism education!
The 2022 Annual ICHRIE Summer Conference remembered our past 75th years but was also very focused on celebrating our future. Let me share a little about what happened last week at our 2022 Annual ICHRIE Summer Conference:
- We had over 429 attendees, up 10% from our last meeting in New Orleans in 2019
- We had a mix of attendees from over 147 schools, located in over 40 states in the USA, and 17 countries, Ireland, France, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Taiwan, Switzerland, Australia, Chile, South Korea, Jamaica, Canada, Germany, Thailand, India, Denmark, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam
- We had attendees represented over 75,000 hospitality students globally
- Hosted over 27 CE0s, Presidents, & Vice President Industry Speakers on panels each morning from 9:20am to 11:30 am discussing relevant topics like Improving the Hospitality Brand, Solving Human Resource Issues, Future Travel Predictions, and Future Technology Solutions and an amazing keynote speaker, B. Joseph Pine II, author of the Experience Economy, addressing Transformational Leadership
- Celebrated our 75th Anniversary in style, with our 75th Anniversary Sponsor, Hospitality Finance & Technology Professionals, (HFTP) and awarded 54 ICHRIE Awards to a very deserving and accomplished group of educators and students
- Introduced our new ICHRIE Education Innovation Center, sponsored by Florida International University with partners Marriott International, Hospitality Finance and Technology Professionals, (HFTP), AHLA & NRA Educational Institute, West Virginia University and Virginia Tech
- Thanks to our over 34 incredible sponsors
- Thanks to our amazing Conference Co-Chairs – Dr. Kim Severt, University of Alabama, and MaryJo Dolasinski, DePaul University, and the conference committees, the volunteer students from Virginia Tech, and Encore for help supporting all our audio-visual needs
If you were not able to attend, we certainly missed you, and hope you will block 18-21 July 2023 for the 2023 Annual ICHRIE Summer Conference at the JW Marriott Hotel Desert Ridge, Phoenix, Arizona.
ICHRIE Executive Director