EuroCHRIE 2024 Call for Papers
We are excited to welcome you to the EuroCHRIE 2024 Conference in Doha, Qatar from November 4th to 7th, 2024!
EuroCHRIE, the European Federation of the International Council on Hospitality, Restaurant, and Institutional Education, brings together educators from hospitality and tourism management schools and universities into a global network in close co-operation with industry representatives. Under the International CHRIE umbrella, both education and industry combine their efforts to shape the future of hospitality and tourism.
We would like to invite you to submit your research and attend the event of the year!
Call for Papers
The theme of the 2024 EuroCHRIE conference is: ‘Hospitality and Tourism in a New Era: Building Bridges and Overcoming Challenges.’
The conference committee invites you to submit a paper, poster presentation, lecturer’s lounge topic, or workshop topic within the broad theme of the conference and within the 7 conference tracks:
- Building Bridges, Overcoming Challenges: Technology
This track welcomes submissions looking at the role technology can play in hospitality and tourism to provide solutions to challenges, and offer new opportunities for social and business interactions.
- Building Bridges, Overcoming Challenges: Sustainability
Climate change is one of the largest challenges facing the world today. This track invites research that explores the role of hospitality and tourism in making a more sustainable world.
- Building Bridges, Overcoming Challenges: Customer Experience
Customers are at the heart of every business; this is especially true for hospitality and tourism businesses. It is therefore important that we have a complete understanding of customers and their experiences with our activities, products, and services. This track invites submissions on topics exploring customers’ expectations, perceptions, and experiences in hospitality and tourism.
- Building Bridges, Overcoming Challenges: Education
Change and uncertainty are, oxymoronically, constants in life, thanks to technological change, geopolitical upheaval, and events such as climate change. It is critical, therefore, to find new and creative ways to prepare tomorrow’s generation to adjust to these uncertainties and be the change-markers they need to be.
- Building Bridges, Overcoming Challenges: The New Consumers
This track seeks submissions exploring changes to customer typologies and changes to their behaviour. Such information is important to understand for businesses to prepare to accommodate such new types of travellers and their, potentially, new tastes.
- Building Bridges, Overcoming Challenges: The Employees’ Perspective
The track will welcome submissions focusing on the challenges faced by the hospitality employees, such as emotional labour, poor work-life balance, job insecurity, and gender pay gaps.
- Building Bridges, Overcoming Challenges: General Track
This track welcomes submissions related to various aspects of tourism and hospitality management and education.
The templates provided on the EuroCHRIE website must be adhered to:
Call for Papers Schedule
- First Call for Papers/Posters: 20 November 2023
- Second Call for Papers/Posters: 15 January 2024
- Registration opens: 15 January 2024
- Deadline for Full Paper (not Abstracts)/Poster Submission: 15 April 2024
- Symposium/Workshop Expression of Interest Deadline: 15 April 2024
- Early Bird Registration Closes: 20 August 2024
- Poster (2-min Presentation) submission deadline: 6 October 2024
- Registration closes: 1 November 2024
Authors should identify if they wish their full papers to be published in the EuroCHRIE conference proceedings. High quality papers will be introduced to editors of one of the following possible journals should the author(s) be interested:
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research (JHTR)
- Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education (JHTE)
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Cases (JHTC)
PDF of all abstracts and all posters will be made available via EuroCHRIE conference website.
The conference will be hosted by ARIU in partnership with the University of Derby. The address of the main venue is Al Jazi Tower, West Bay, Doha, Qatar.
- Dr. Ivan Ninov
- Dr. Christopher S. Dutt
- Dr. Ali Abdallah
- Dr. Danny Han
Further information will be available on the conference website.
Please feel free to forward this email to your colleagues.
Dr. Ivan Ninov
EuroCHRIE 2024 Conference Chair