We are looking for experienced, internationally orientated hotel managers with an ambition to convey their passion for the hotel industry to students, both in a professional and teaching capacity. They endorse the importance of good education and are driven to take ownership of the position as higher education lecturer. To students, they represent a source of inspiration and a role model; to colleagues a valued team player, providing a contribution to the education of the future generation of hotel managers from the wealth of their experience.
- Teaching hotel management within the entirety of the programme; especially within the foundation programme where theory is translated to practice and passion for the profession is conveyed;
- Supervising and visiting interns abroad, including the coordination of a specific region;
- Guiding and coaching students in project groups on hospitality management in general, with a focus on innovation and/or sustainability and/or digital intelligence;
- Upholding the quality of the Hotel Management curriculum and assessment programme;
- Further expansion of the international HMSM network in close coordination with alumni and partners of the profession.
- a solid experience in managing renowned hotels, preferably in different countries as general manager or member of the management team of a cluster or region of hotels;
- up-to-date working knowledge of the latest developments within the international hospitality industry;
- in possession of a Master's degree (preferably in economics or MBA) or PhD;
- team mentality, an ability to motivate and inspire students and colleagues;
- an affinity towards education and developing the talents of young people;
- a good command of English, both written and spoken, competence in Dutch is preferable;
- a good intercultural understanding and a 'global mind set';
- An appointment for 0.6 - 1.0 FTE (to be negotiated) for the term of one year;
- Should the candidate prove suitable and perform favourably, then the contract may be extended, provided operating circumstances remain unchanged;
- The salary scale awarded depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and shall be set in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) in the higher vocational education sector, within the career prospects of scale 11 or 12;
- The terms of employment applicable include both 8% holiday pay and a fixed bonus equivalent to one month’s salary;
- Our secondary terms of employment comprise excellent opportunities to further one’s professional career.
Interested candidates should apply for the position by November 24 at the very latest by entering their personal details, accompanied by a letter of application and CV on the website www.werkenbijzuyd.nl.
Unfortunately, we cannot process letters of application addressed directly to the contact person or submitted by other means.